New To Travel Bugs -- Why A Copy Tag?

FFFinn

Personally I wouldn't re-release a bug until it's been missing well over a year. Just get yourself a few new ones and by the time those go missing it'll be time to re-release the first set. :laughing:

There's no special procedure just make a new bug, change the goal if you want; just don't delete the previous finds.

If the original bug does reappear you'll have to solicit help from a current holder to pull one or the other.

In case your bug is lost (a very very remote possibility, I do declare) and you want to re-release it.

by the by, what's a copy tag look like? we picked up a tb the other day with two tags on it.. first I thought cool, they laminated the one about I'm a tb blah blah blah instead of a sheet but no, it was just the tb number again. Made us wonder, is that the copy?

I think it was moved on already probably, just like that. But we did wonder about it so decided to stop here and ask!

Thanks!

In case your bug is lost (a very very remote possibility, I do declare) and you want to re-release it.

by the by, what's a copy tag look like? we picked up a tb the other day with two tags on it.. first I thought cool, they laminated the one about I'm a tb blah blah blah instead of a sheet but no, it was just the tb number again. Made us wonder, is that the copy?

I think it was moved on already probably, just like that. But we did wonder about it so decided to stop here and ask!

Thanks!

The copy tag looks exacty like the regular one, but on the side with the TB #, it says "COPY" in all caps (right above the TB #). Sounds probable that you saw a TB with both the original and the copy on it.

edit: oops, BlueDeuce beat me to it

Edited by Beffums

I found a traveler with both tags on it once. I figured the person who put it out was new to geocaching,or at least to travel bugs, and emailed them to let them know they should have kept the copy tag and offered to mail the copy tag back to them. They had already figured out why there were two tags, and were very happy to get their copy tag back.