Help Uploading New Software/firmware

Onit

A friend talked me through upgrading to 2.71 (have a 76csx) and he's not around right now.

When I click on either Updater that unzipped with version 2.90, or the Webupdater which I also downloaded, and then click on on Find Device (after selecting USB) I get this "No device was found" msg. I tried selecting the USB Mass Storage and that just pops my device on the screen as F: drive so I know the USB port is working. What am I missing? I noticed when I try to upload a new waypoint, it couldn't find the device either. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the Trip and Waypoint Manager so think I musta left something out. Can anybody figure out what's missing from my description above? Thanks. :drama:

EDIT -- Nevermind! :ninja: moved the USB plug from my monitor to the computer itself and then got a windows/wizard popup saying my device might not be working and if I wanted it to find software to run it and if I had a disk to put it in so I put the Trip and Waypoint mgr disk in and it was happy and said my unit was ready to use. Used Updater and now updated to 2.90. I'd delete this post but dont' see a delete thread/post button so writing this long note instead.

Edited by Onit

Just a note to all... Sometimes external hubs in monitors and standalones dont seem to have same priority or data flow as "base" USB connectors on PC motherboards... IF possible always use USB connection on Motherboard for best results...

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn