Can't Login With Opera

Fifth St. Irregulars

Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help?

We can't login to Geocaching.com web site using Opera 8.54 on Mac OS X 10.3.9. After we click on the login button, we don't get an error message, we don't go anywhere, we remain on the login page, (or I should say, we reload the login page) with the username and password blocks empty as if we hadn't done anything. We CAN login using Safari 1.3.2 on the same computer. Both browsers are enabled to accept cookies, but we can only login using Safari. Opera has the option of being recognized as both itself and as Internet Explorer 6.0 and we've tried logging in with each of those options with no success. We've also played around with the various cookie options, again with no success.

We got Opera because it worked with the new Google map feature when Safari didn't, and because it can identify as Explorer. Yes, we know we can just use Safari, but we would like the option of using Opera. Also we are concerned about being able to login with Safari updates or browsers on other computers; like when we go on vacation.

Thanks for reading;

Fifth St. Irregulars

Edited by Fifth St. Irregulars

Hurray!

I solved my own problem! Just in case anyone else is having a simular problem this is what I did: I went into Preferences, and under the Wand tab (even though I also couldn't login manually) I checked the boxes beside 'Apply these settings for entire domain, and 'Accept cookies for server/domain, ...and it WORKED!

I can now login with Opera!

Stay tuned for further adventures of the 'Fifth St. Irregulars'