Sample Cache Pages

KA7CJH

Is there a way we can doctor up a sample Geocache Listing? I only ask this because I have been asked to talk to a Scout Troop soon and want to creat a few sample caches around the meeting location so they can find them. The sample pages would be needed just for the one evening. After the meeting the caches would be loaded up and be done with.

So my question is, Is this a do-able option? or can someone send me an html page that I can use to doctor up?

Chris KA7CJH...

Is there a way we can doctor up a sample Geocache Listing? I only ask this because I have been asked to talk to a Scout Troop soon and want to creat a few sample caches around the meeting location so they can find them. The sample pages would be needed just for the one evening. After the meeting the caches would be loaded up and be done with.

So my question is, Is this a do-able option? or can someone send me an html page that I can use to doctor up?

Chris KA7CJH...

Try this. Worked for me.

Go to a cache page. On Edit menu of browser click 'select all'. Right click selection and copy. Open Microsoft Word or other word processor. On Edit menu of Word pick 'Paste special' then select 'Html format'. You should then have a page very similar to the original cache page which you can edit to suit what you need. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marbig's Woodenheads

Another solution would be to go ahead and create your cache page(s) as you normally would but never activate them. That way the reviewers will never seem them and they'll never be published.

I have a cache called "Bill's Test Cache" that I'll never publish. I use it to test html layouts, web site features, etc. It just appears in my "My caches waiting for review" list. I suppose if you wanted to make them "disappear" altogether you archive them without ever publishing them (though I don't know how the system would handle that).