Trouble Loading Maps To 60csx

Ok guys and gals, I'm about ready to throw this thing out and go back to using my old Legend. :mad: I started having trouble with my maps "disapearing" on my 60csx. One minute they would be there, the next, only the marine basemap. I tried removing and re-installing the memory card and for the most part that seemed to fix it. But now, I've got no map on the unit and every time I try to re-load it, I get an error message saying the unit can't "receive packet data" and if the problem continues, to call tech support. I just tried it again and now I'm getting a NEW message "The gps is unable to program the requested memory region". :mad: I don't have a card reader, so can't tell if that's the probem, and won't be able to get any tech support until monday. So.... if anyone's got any ideas, it'd be much appreciated.

By the way, it'll send waypoints and routes no problem.

Edited by WolfTrekker

Ok guys and gals, I'm about ready to throw this thing out and go back to using my old Legend. :D I started having trouble with my maps "disapearing" on my 60csx. One minute they would be there, the next, only the marine basemap. I tried removing and re-installing the memory card and for the most part that seemed to fix it. But now, I've got no map on the unit and every time I try to re-load it, I get an error message saying the unit can't "receive packet data" and if the problem continues, to call tech support. I just tried it again and now I'm getting a NEW message "The gps is unable to program the requested memory region". :D I don't have a card reader, so can't tell if that's the probem, and won't be able to get any tech support until monday. So.... if anyone's got any ideas, it'd be much appreciated.

By the way, it'll send waypoints and routes no problem.

This sounds like the memory card rather than the GPS itself. The microSD cards are fragile. Do you have access to another card to try that out? I don't know if you were planning on getting a larger card for your unit, but a 128mb card probably won't be much more than the cost of shipping the unit back to Garmin. Although if it is a bad card, Garmin should replace it for you. Call and ask.

Brian

This sounds like the memory card rather than the GPS itself. The microSD cards are fragile. Do you have access to another card to try that out? I don't know if you were planning on getting a larger card for your unit, but a 128mb card probably won't be much more than the cost of shipping the unit back to Garmin. Although if it is a bad card, Garmin should replace it for you. Call and ask.

Agreed. The symptoms sound almost identical to what I was seeing with a bad Garmin data card in my eMap. It also started out as an intermittent failure with the maps seeming to disappear but then became permanent with no ability to write data to the card. Mine was several years old when the problem started so Garmin wasn't willing to replace it.

I just tried it again and now I'm getting a NEW message "The gps is unable to program the requested memory region".

I'm getting that same message when trying to upload waypoints with the Garmin POILoader. I have no memory card in the GPS, which is the etrex Venture cx (brand new today, so I may be doing something just plain stupid).

I sent a note off to Garmin support, but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas?

I just tried it again and now I'm getting a NEW message "The gps is unable to program the requested memory region".

I'm getting that same message when trying to upload waypoints with the Garmin POILoader. I have no memory card in the GPS, which is the etrex Venture cx (brand new today, so I may be doing something just plain stupid).

I sent a note off to Garmin support, but in the meantime, anyone have any ideas?

Yes. B)

That's the reason: "I have no memory card in the GPS, which is the etrex Venture cx".

The POI loader writes data only to the SD card, and if it is not there, it will fail.