Category: Oregon Trail

Perhaps this would be to narrow but being a fan of western history I would like to see some category that has to do with the Oregon Trail. Historic points along the route, wheel ruts, monuments erected by Ezra Meeker. There are a lot of different things that could be included.

What do the people say?

Am I repeating what someone else has already proposed?

Perhaps this would be to narrow but being a fan of western history I would like to see some category that has to do with the Oregon Trail. Historic points along the route, wheel ruts, monuments erected by Ezra Meeker. There are a lot of different things that could be included.

What do the people say?

I think it was mentioned, as so many ideas were, some time ago, but no one has done anything with it.

So, go ahead and create your group, write up your category and go for it!!

Do send me an invitation. Having grown up practically on the trail itself (Pendleton, OR) I'd love to be a part of an Oregon Trail group1

~~silverquill

What do the people say?

Actually this was suggested way back before group management came online:

Oregon Trail

There was also discussion about a specific Lewis & Clark category.

But, there were dozens and dozens of category suggestions flying around back then. As far as I know, there is no attempt to award categories to the FTP (First to Propose). So, it is up to the person who is willing to do the work to form a management group, do the homework, and write up a good category to put forth for peer review.

My advice is to get your management group, then hammer out the category particulars.

Havning grown up within walking distance from the Oregon Trail (Pendleton, OR) I'd really enjoy seeing what comes from this!