Ringwood Park

climbermom

I am going to be working an Adventure Race in Ringwood Park in NJ this weekend. I figured I would grab some caches while I was there. There aren't any. <_< Does anyone know why there are no caches in that park? I'm from CT and I'm not familiar with the area. Could anyone recommend some good caches close by?

I am going to be working an Adventure Race in Ringwood Park in NJ this weekend. I figured I would grab some caches while I was there. There aren't any. :D Does anyone know why there are no caches in that park? I'm from CT and I'm not familiar with the area. Could anyone recommend some good caches close by?

Long Pond Ironworks,

Lake Sonoma

Burnt Meadowbrook

Governor Mountain--Cache is disabled but is still there.

Bearfort Ridge

Bearfort Waters

Terrace Pond North Terrace Pond

Covert 002

Dam Monk by Boot or Boat Monksville.

There is a new one in Ringwood State Park, Check the all nearby caches feature, you should come up with a bunch, that are fairly close by.

GCVVH0 is the new one right in park. Mt. Defiance is another. Do zip code search for 07480 West Milford or Ringwood also do zip code search for Oakland and Mahwah. You will probably be sent down Rt 287 to Skyline Drive, when you first start up Skyline Drive in Oakland you will pass a parking lot on the left for Ramapo State Forest--there are a number of good caches there I have been told--I really don't know because I have never been able to find any of them. :o

Not far away

Bear Swamp

Look for cacher named BrianSnat, click on caches hidden and check his portfolio.

Edited by Packanack

There are a few caches in Ringwood State Park. My Mt Defiance is one. The others are The Gatehouse, Governor Mtn Cupsaw (as Packnack mentioned its disabled but there), Billy Bob's Cache #1.

My Mt Hope cache is just over the park border. Its also disabled but its still in place. Its one of the more challenging caches in the area, but most access points have been cut off due to trail closures, but it still can be approached from the north (I'm thinking of enabling it for that reason).

I believe my Bear Swamp Lake is also in Ringwood SP, but its very close to the border of Ramapo Valley Reservation.

Some of my hiker series might be in Ringwood St. Park. Some maps put them in Ringwood St Pk and other show them to be in Ramapo Mtn State Forest. I'm pretty sure Old Guard is in Ringwood. Also Geokender's Ramapo Mtn Micro was disabled by Pofe, but I'm pretty certain its still there. That is an excellent cache.

My new First Parking Lot Micro is nearby, as are Romulus, Remus and Randy. My Return to Rocky Mtn is one of my favorite hides and is accessible from Ringwood SP (a pretty good hike from there though) and the nearby Rocky Mtn Rocks, Warm Furry Kittens, Bird is the Word, Goat House and Fluffy Pink Bunnies are also accessible from Ringwood SP, as are all the caches in Ramapo Valley Reservation. There is a very nice assortment of caches there.

Edited by briansnat