Having Trouble Inviting New Management Member

Two or three weeks ago, I invited someone to join two management groups that I lead. I was on vacation for a while, and noticed when I got back that he hadn't become a member yet. So I dropped him a note and asked whether he'd gotten the invitations, and he said no. He even checked his spam traps. I didn't get any bounced mail from my invitation attempts, although I don't know whether the invitation mechanism is set up to return bounces to the person sending the invitation, or whether they just go to some mail server at Groundspeak.

So I tried inviting him again, but got the message, "That person has already been invited to join your group."

That means we are officially in a Catch-22 situation. I can't invite him again, and he has no invitation to respond to.

Help!

Patty

Thanks, Mike, he did that and found the invitation. Are invitations only sent to people's Waymarking "My Groups" pages, not to their email accounts? I thought when I invited the two people who are now officers that they received email messages, but maybe I misunderstood.

This person hasn't been receiving acknowledgments about the waymarks he's submitted, either. The rest of us who've submitted waymarks to those two groups have received acks. And he is receiving pocket query results daily from Geocaching.com. So he's verified that Groundspeak has his proper email address. But for some reason, he isn't receiving mail from the Waymarking side of the site. Weird...

Patty