Suggestions For Micro Log Paper?

I found (traded for) a very nice container in a cache I found this weekend. It should make for a great micro container. The continer is plastic, ~3-4 in long and ~1 in diameter. The container opens at about the 2/3 length by unscrewing the halves. There is a rubber o-ring that should make a good seal.

I spray painted the container a very dull brown-green color, so this container should be pretty well cammo'd if amongst trees or dark rocks.

Question: Does anyone have good suggestions for log paper to use in a container of this size? I suppose could cut several sheets of normal copier paper to the correct width, but then I am not sure if I should bind these sheets together. I have seen micros with "wads" of paper, making it difficult to find the front/middle/end of the log.

A long-ish scroll of paper (adding machine type) might work, but this might get unwieldy in the field, especially if trying to be stealthy.

Any suggestions?

Edited by markp99

The adding machine type scroll works well. Just avoid making it too long. As You have a 1" Diam. Tube, you can roll the paper around a pencil. This makes it easy to reroll. Cut a piece of paper so that the width is a little narrower than the length of the tube. Use the length of the paper, no need to add more, and roll it tightly around the pencil, It should be a loose fit in the tube. For narrow tubes (BISON, ect.) I glue a match stick or toothpick to the top of the paper to get a tight roll that is easy to reroll in the field. Hope that helps! :)

For small logs, but not quite micros, I usually use the following trick.

I keep a set of small bound notebooks (not spiral-bound, but typical book-bound, e.g. sewn and glued bindings). They are usually about 50-100 pages. I use a power circular saw (in my case, a compound mitre saw) to slice it to the appropriate size. When you tightly sandwich it between a couple boards, and cut slowly, the paper doesn't even fray, and it looks very professionally cut. I can get several small (say 1"x2") notebooks out of one small 2"x3" book. That's easily large enough to write a small log entry, and a lot nicer than a roll of paper, and it will still fit nicely even in a film canister.

Of course that only works for some containers, but I do that whenever possible.