Problem With Magellan Geocache Manager Sw

I am having a problem with the Magellan Geocache Manager software and I am wondering if any of you may have had this problem.

I am using the software with an explorist 210. If I either put my waypoints in manually or use EasyGPS, I have no problem, the compass takes me right there. But, If I put in my waypoints or POI's with the Magellan software, the cache appears in the correct spot on the map, I appear on the correct spot on the map, but the compass now points about 1/3 of a mile away in an apparently random direction. If I go to the map view, I can see the cache right there, I can see me standing on top of it, but the little guide path says I am still around .29 of a mile away. I found this to be INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.

Anyone have any Ideas? This software looks pretty basic but it does some things that I like so If I could fix it I would like to do so.

Are you using some other map datum than WGS84? Somebody in Australia (using AUS84, I think) found an apparent bug in the firmware such that downloading the WGS84 resulted in proper displays, but when he created a GOTO using AUS84 datum it jumped 200 meters to the NE. His workaround was to change to WGS84 datum for geocache gotos.

Are you using some other map datum than WGS84? Somebody in Australia (using AUS84, I think) found an apparent bug in the firmware such that downloading the WGS84 resulted in proper displays, but when he created a GOTO using AUS84 datum it jumped 200 meters to the NE. His workaround was to change to WGS84 datum for geocache gotos.

Yup. I was set up for something called GRB36. How this happened I have no idea. I will go out in a few hours to double check that it works. :)

Edited by Lumpy_The_Great