Newbie Still

havent purchased explorist 210 yet but came accross the garmin ledgend at best buy for the same price. $150. the sales person couldnt tell me if you can enter coordinates and then follow direction arrow so i am waiting to purchace it. is the only real difference the memory storage? also they have a explorist 200 on sale through sun for 100 bucks. is that comparriable to either of these above? thank you for your honest answers.

Of course you can enter coordinates and use the compass screen to guide you to a cache or waypoint on pretty much any GPSr! The 210 and Legend allow you to enter coordinates either manually or through a cable connecting the GPSr with your computer. I would skip the eXplorist 200. It does not allow you to connect to the computer, does not allow you to upload maps or coordinates, and it does not autoroute. The 210 has an edge over the Legend in terms of memory. The 210 also uses a USB cable instead of a serial cable, which may or may not be an issue for you. If you decide to go with the Legend, $150 is high. Around $120 is more reasonable.

Of the ones you mentioned, the 210 is the best. It has a better receiver than the Legend, more memory room for maps, and abilty to use routing maps. As Geonerd says, USB vs Serial, and the 210 will let you use Geocache files and regular POI/waypoint files. You can create multiple files, allowing you to hold many waypoints and geocaches. You can save tracks and routes in multiple files also. I think the 210 is a very good unit, and another topic just mentioned a $30 rebate.

i own a 210 and a etrex vista (use to own a legend) and my 210 is still my main GPSr. there are situations where the serial interface definately is handy but over all the 210 is just an amazing unit (least for me).

in the end this winds up being a personal choice and everyone will have a different opinion. Either way they are both very capable and well made GPSr. You'll be happy with either the 210 or legend.

thanks for you input. i was leaning twords the 210 and have seen the 30 rebate offer. wish i could find in a local store but have had no luck. will have to purchase off internet and wait three long days. well thanks again for your help and should be joining the fun soon!!