Category Proposal :

Not all of us travel with mobile connectivity. Wouldn't be handy to be able to locate Internet Cafes at your travel destination by using Waymarking?

Sign up now to be a member of this group! Add your thoughts and ideas to this thread!

Click here to join. Internet Cafe Group

There is already a Wi-Fi Locatin category that's been around a long time. I think this is unnecessary redundancy, even tthough not all Wi-Fi locations are internet cafes.

Not all of us travel with mobile connectivity. Wouldn't be handy to be able to locate Internet Cafes at your travel destination by using Waymarking?

Sign up now to be a member of this group! Add your thoughts and ideas to this thread!

There is already a Wi-Fi Locatin category that's been around a long time. I think this is unnecessary redundancy, even tthough not all Wi-Fi locations are internet cafes.

The idea is that people without wireless internet capabilities can find somewhere to go to use the internet.

The idea is that people without wireless internet capabilities can find somewhere to go to use the internet.

I agree. Oftentimes you don't even have a computer with you but still need access to the 'net. Great idea :)

Ah, yes! I stand corrected. I've been in that situation -- esp. in other countries, and the internet cafes were a life saver! Waymark them!!

Haha! I agree, I think this would be a great category.

Edited by Dew Crew

First stab :

An internet cafe is a private establishment having at least one workstation (a screen and a keyboard) which is provided to customers in order to gain access to the internet. The service is normally provided for a charge. Most internet cafe's charge on a per unit of time basis. Food and drink may or may not be offered.

Still looking for another group member.

Edited by RakeInTheCache

First stab :

An internet cafe is a private establishment having at least one workstation (a screen and a keyboard) which is provided to customers in order to gain access to the internet. The service is normally provided for a charge. Most internet cafe's charge on a per unit of time basis. Food and drink may or may not be offered.

Still looking for another group member.

I think this is a good start! I think you've captured the essence.

This distinguishes it from all of the wi-fi establishments.

Anyone who has travelled out of the U.S., our lives elsewhere, will realize what an importan part of the landscape internet cafes are! I was surprized when staying in the little town of Tamazunchale, Mexico, how easy it was to find a little internet cafe, sometimes in the open markets inbetween the piles of chiles and the hanging meat!

In the urban centers they were more sophisticated, of course, and I've seen them in Boston and other places.

A worthy waymark category, and with good variables a valuable resource as well.

Please be certain to include in your category description an explanation that distinguishes this category from the wifi hotspot category. The explanations above were very helpful to me.

I've done the same thing in the Landlocked Lighthouses category, by differentiating them definitionally from lighthouses that are used for maritime navigation. I then provide a link to the proper category, Coastal Lighthouses.