Alaska Geocaching Assistance

Bryan

Covenant House Alaska is a shelter for homeless, at risk and runaway youth located in Anchorage. This summer, they would like to introduce the kids to geocaching and, since they don't know much about it, they need some help.

If there is anyone (or a group of anyones) who is interested in helping to introduce them to geocaching and, perhaps, take some of them out on a cache hunt, please contact me and I will provide you with the contact information for one of their volunteer coordinators.

Of course it goes with out saying, but this would mean a whole lot to them. Thanks.

Covenant House Alaska is a shelter for homeless, at risk and runaway youth located in Anchorage. This summer, they would like to introduce the kids to geocaching and, since they don't know much about it, they need some help.

If there is anyone (or a group of anyones) who is interested in helping to introduce them to geocaching and, perhaps, take some of them out on a cache hunt, please contact me and I will provide you with the contact information for one of their volunteer coordinators.

Of course it goes with out saying, but this would mean a whole lot to them. Thanks.

Where exactly is this located? My son is an Alaskan Commercial Fisherman out of Pelican. I have plans on visiting him this summer with my Granddaughter. This might be too far and too much to accomplish with a small child in hand, but I am just curious.

Ms. WD

EDIT: Just noticed it is in Anchorage. A bit farther that I am going. Still has my curiosity up. You can write me through my WD account.

Edited by Wienerdog

CENT5 clued me in on your request via email...

c4a231b0-69fb-4e95-af47-87686b6b2135.jpg

We just hosted an "Introduction to Geocaching" class for Muni Parks & Rec out at Kincaid Park Chalet last Saturday morning at 10am-noon; well - attended with over 60 folks total there (learners & guides). We used the coincidence of 'Earth Day' and our follow-on CITO Event to bring emphasis to the ethics underlying the geocaching 'game' we play. The class has four 'Thursday Evening GeoRambles in Kincaid Park' left to do - beginning tonight at 7pm. We've got Channel 11 News and the Anchorage Daily News out to do interviews at 6:30pm tonight as well. Can you vector a contact person onto us tonight to see what we might have to offer? I've got an educator in the group who's in the process of developing a curriculum for middle school students who might just be the ticket for this project...

More conversation needed but we've got resources. You can contact us via email through the geocaching.com site or through geocachealaska.org's website.