Hp Ipaq Repair

Anyone know a good place to get an HP 2210 iPAQ repaired, mine died on me today :lol::D

By died I mean, this iPAQ is dead, wont power up at all. It actually failed while I was checking on one of my own caches and have tried all the usually tricks including changing the main battery.

Very tempted to chuck it in the bin as I'm sure I'd pick another up off ebay for less than the cost of any repair :D:lol:

Cheers

An iPAQless Clanger (Nick)

Nick

Are both the blue and orange lights (Bluetooth and Power) showing continuously if you put the 2210 on charge and power on? If they are I had exactly the same thing happen with my 2210. It was dead in all respects and I bought a new Ipaq. I had taken the battery out, done hard re-sets, etc like you appear to have done. In the end I took the battery out and just left it. About a week later, when I had my new Ipaq, I put a battery back in and it came back to life. I am still using it now!

Edited to add:

I contacted IpaqRepair.co.uk and was told the main board had failed and it would cost £126 to replace it. That's why I bought a new Ipaq!!

Edited by Master Mariner

Has it been near any moisture at all?

They have a tendancy to short out their batteries sometimes non-fatally as MM above probably experienced. Try taking it out, cleaning the contacts and replacing it. If no joy try buying a battery off eBay (£5 ish).

If that fails you will be able to resell the battery no problem.

Has it been near any moisture at all?

They have a tendancy to short out their batteries sometimes non-fatally as MM above probably experienced. Try taking it out, cleaning the contacts and replacing it. If no joy try buying a battery off eBay (£5 ish).

If that fails you will be able to resell the battery no problem.

At the time, I had 3 batteries for my 2210 (and still do) and had the same problem regardless of which battery I used. I doubt that it was damp as the unit had been sat in my office all week and was in use. It just locked up as I was turning it off. However, damp is something I had not considered that could have been on the internal circuitry and not the battery connections.