Suggestion For Garage Sale Forum

supertech

I suggest you separate the garage sale forum into groups.

Maybe like this...

Forsale

> GPSrs

> GPS Acc.

> GPS RELATED

> Trades

> Other

WANTED

> GPSrs

> GPS Acc.

> GPS RELATED

> Other

Discuss?

Something that helps ppl wade through the posts.

Also... Idea #2

Original poster can set "SOLD" on posts which either grays them out or removes them.... Who wants to read all about what someone HAD forsale?

Welcome to the Garage Sale Forum!

To ensure that this forum is a success, please respect our ground rules:

• This forum is intended only for personal selling or giving away of geocaching related items. No company or business postings/advertising are allowed. Charity Solicitations are also not acceptable. Groundspeak reserves the right to determine if an item for sale is inappropriate for this board and may moderate users and/or remove the posts in our discretion.
  • Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.
  • Individual negotiations or information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board. Please use the communication tools provided on the site or private email.
  • To keep the forum current, please lock your topic when a posted item has been purchased or located.

Thanks for the cooperation!!

I like the way things are. The only thing that I would change - lock the threads after 2 months. If no action has taken place within 2-3 weeks odds are nothing will.

If you get too many things to look at things just get too confusing - KISS. I also strongly feel that there should be the OP and nothing else (work out the deal one on one), once the deal has been completed the thread is locked.

I have used the garage sale forum a couple of times, but I would not venture past the first page, the information gets stale, people forget to update or close the thread.