Cache's At Stone Mountain

tbonebass34

I was just wondering if yall knew of any cache's in or around stone mountain state park in nc.

thanks

This post caught my eye as I live near Stone Mountain in Georgia and was unaware there was one in North Carolina.

I have a bookmark list for the one in GA, but that one won't help you.

Best I know is using the nearby search feature: caches near Stone Mountain Park

Maybe some locals can post recommendations of which ones to do.

reepicheep

The easiest way to find caches in an area without knowing the cords. is to load google's Google Earth software, then load the geocaching KML addon (the KML file is found on your account page of the geocaching website, right side, half way down). You can type in a place name, it will zoom into that area and also so icons for surrounding caches of all types. I have used it to find caches along routes I travel on trips. Google Earth

I don't have coordinates for Stone Mtn itself, but here are the coordinates for Camp Cheerio, a YMCA camp that is only about a 1/2 mile to 1 mile from Stone Mtn as the crow flys. 36 24.123N, 081 01.012W. I had the same question when we were at the camp last month and unfortunately didn't come up with too much. Stone Mtn is in a state park, and in NC geocaching is basicly banned in all state parks. I ended up cachiing in Winston-Salem, which has many fine caches. However, if you will be in the area and esp if you want to hike a little, there are several good looking caches up along the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is just a short drive from the Stone Mtn area.