Feature Suggestion: Didn't Answer == No Answer

I meant to ask this a while ago, but can't seem to see where/if I asked it (nor can I recall getting a response, so I must just have imagined that I asked it).

Anyways, on the off leash dog areas category, I've got about 5 fields for 'additional parking' coordinates. These are required in various cases to accomodate some huge off leash areas with parking coordinates significantly seperated from each other.

Anyways, one of the most common reasons I have to intially decline a waymark in the category is that when someone submits a new point, they don't check the little 'no answer' checkbox beneath the coordinate boxes.

This leaves the fields on the waymark page, and makes a big mess. It would be nice if when a new waymark was submitted, if no answer was given for an optional field, the system would just assume 'no answer' rather than forcing the user to check the little box that says they didn't answer the question.

The reason for the "no answer" checkbox is because there is the off chance (albeit a VERY off chance) that someone would want to use the 0.00 N 0.00 W as their coordinates. Same goes for the date and time fields. We'll discuss this and try to come up with a better solution. Thanks for the post.

The part I don't understand is that if I complete the submission and check the "no answer" box, but later return to edit something (like insert an image, which is what I usually do) the box gets unchecked.

I never notice... update what I wanted to fix, then when I try save the changes it tells me to complete that field again.

Same happens for Admission Price fields. If I put 0.00 or even just 0, when I return to edit, I have to fill it in again.

Everything else saves like text boxes and what not, but blank fields or 'no answer' always reverts back to unentered.

<_< The Blue Quasar

Hadn't noticed the no answer box gets unchecked (I don't edit my waymarks very much).

A lot of the issues probably stem from the fact that the string is being evaluated as a number. In that case a '0' can be slightly more difficult to tell from a blank/invalid number than a different number.

In pseudocode, its something along the lines of

Value("0")=Value("")=0 (which is the issue trying to tell '0' from 'no answer').

What is really needed is something along the lines of

If StringRepresentation(inputfield)="" then noanswer else goto normal process/save code

Hope that made some sense to the non-programmers out there.