Map Software For Garmin Lengend Questions

I live in Boulder County, CO and just got a Garmin Legend CX. When I bought it I got Garmin Mapsource US Topo software. This software is great for off road navigating, but in town it isn't so great. This brings up two questions...

1. Which "street" software is a good choice?

2. What do people do when they geocache in-town? I like the topo software when I'm in parks but it makes it difficult getting there since the street map that came with the GPS only has the major roads.

1. Which "street" software is a good choice?

2. What do people do when they geocache in-town? I like the topo software when I'm in parks but it makes it difficult getting there since the street map that came with the GPS only has the major roads.

1) Either CitySelect-NA or CityNavigator-NA will work fine and they both have the same map data and POIs. CN-NA has marginally better routing data but divides the maps up into much larger regions so you can't use memory as efficiently when planning a trip. So with that software you may well need to get a larger microSD card than if you use CS-NA.

2) You can load both TopoUS and CS-NA/CN-NA maps into your GPS at the same time. Use the street maps to get to the trailhead and then switch to displaying the Topo maps on the trail. Note that when you load the maps you should select all the maps you want of all types and then download them all at once.