Garmin Gpsmap 60csx And Hard Reset

Hi All

I am currently running the GPSmap 60CSx on their Beta 2.62 which is working well. I decided to do a hard reset, switching the unit on with ENTR and PAGE pressed, and was surprised to find that all my waypoints had been moved to the Custom POI listing. Now working as I do as an IT systems engineer when I do a "hard reset" on a bit of kit, e.g. a router, it deletes all of the user data and goes back to that "just out of the factory" look.

Anybody had the same thing happen? Are there any other key sequences I could use as I would really like to clear down my Custom POI?

Edited by SandyGarrity

I'm using a Nuvi 350 which also supports custom POIs and the only way (previous to the lastest software version at least) to delete user-loaded custom POIs was to load in an empty POI list (or with one POI set to somewhere that you'd never encounter it, like in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean). You may want to give it a try on your 60CSx.

Hi All

I am currently running the GPSmap 60CSx on their Beta 2.62 which is working well. I decided to do a hard reset, switching the unit on with ENTR and PAGE pressed, and was surprised to find that all my waypoints had been moved to the Custom POI listing. Now working as I do as an IT systems engineer when I do a "hard reset" on a bit of kit, e.g. a router, it deletes all of the user data and goes back to that "just out of the factory" look.

Anybody had the same thing happen? Are there any other key sequences I could use as I would really like to clear down my Custom POI?

Me I have bought a 512 Mb memory (Sandisk) and it came with a SD Adapter and I have a 7 in 1 card reader. So I loaded the memory card in my card reader and their is 2 files on the memory card and I erase the POI file.

Put the memory back in the GPS and no more Custom POI.

I'm using a Nuvi 350 which also supports custom POIs and the only way (previous to the lastest software version at least) to delete user-loaded custom POIs was to load in an empty POI list (or with one POI set to somewhere that you'd never encounter it, like in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean). You may want to give it a try on your 60CSx.

Hi SergZak

I agree that this works for POI that have been loaded but when I list the POI that were waypoints there is no "Database" to remove them by so I can not load an empty POI file, or so it would appear <_<