There are many very famous and not-as-famous giant examples of trees of all species. This category would be a way to celebrate and photograph them.

The category would be structured in such a way to achieve the goals of proper conservation ethics and private property concerns. Group management right from the start will be useful developing the category properly.

There are many very famous and not-as-famous giant examples of trees of all species. This category would be a way to celebrate and photograph them.

The category would be structured in such a way to achieve the goals of proper conservation ethics and private property concerns. Group management right from the start will be useful developing the category properly.

Great idea...are you going to start up a group?

what about the champion trees?

google the subject....

there are state champions and national champions....

there is a point system assigned to the tree (DBH, height, canopy spreda, etc)....and the one with the most points is the designated champion....

this would make a great category.....but trees die and new ones take their place....a great test for group monderation...

Check out the National Register of Big Trees.

I think this will be a great category...if you start up a group, let me know, and I'm in.

Check out the National Register of Big Trees.

I think this will be a great category...if you start up a group, let me know, and I'm in.

yes, you found the info...i was busy with other things today, but the group is on the way....