I Found This Bm Today

woody_k

but it isn't a NGS. It's a State of California water resource BM. I found it while out caching today.

I will post a pic here but if anyone wants the bigger/better pic...pm me your e-mail and I will send it to you. I know that some of you out there collect photos of different or cool BMs.

9ee6b9c6-7857-45fd-abc0-0ff0037aa520.jpg

Woody_K -

If you like, you can log non-NGS disks on the Recovered US Benchmarks site. In your log, you can upload the pictures of the mark too. Buckbrooke also uses that site for gathering different disks for his Benchmark Agencies site, and I have started using it for the Benchmark Picture Contest site as well.

Edited by Black Dog Trackers

Lemme slightly hijack this thread for two purposes.

First, and most related to the OP, I found a whole ton of this ROW markers while in Rockport, MA, Saturday. I didn't waymark them because there were just so many, but I took a picture in case Buckner wanted to include it.

122440214_86456a7bf4.jpg

Second, can someone tell me what this is? I found it in Rockport as well, and it says on it: W. Lon. 70°-37'-40" Std. Time +17'28". I'm guessing it's from the days before standardized time zones. It must be in a really old datum or have been moved, as the longitude is 40 seconds off.

122441673_00c8275973.jpg