Timeout With Pq's

mcl143

This specific timeout error occurs when I am accessing the preview option for my PQ's. I haven't jumped on the "this site is too slow" band wagon yet. However, I haven't seen this problem occur on Monday's before.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +45

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77

System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSet(String sql, Database database, Int32 Timeout) +209

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlPocketQueryController.GetQueryResultsData(String Query) +13

Groundspeak.Web.PocketQueries.GeocacheQuery.ReturnResultList() +56

Geocaching.UI.geocaching_nearest.Location_PQLoaded(Object sender, EventArgs e) +387

Geocaching.LocationPanel.GetQueryParms() +4538

Geocaching.LocationPanel.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Pocket Queries are as complicated a query as you can get. During peak times it has the same issue with database timeouts as other areas of the site. Try it again a bit later.

Now mid-day Mondays are a peak time also? Guess that makes sense as many of the folks who could not get on over the weekend are now trying. We are going on a 2 day cache trip and I was not able to get the needed queries done on the weekend because of the busy server. Now we are down to one day before leaving and still can not get the site to work correctly. VERY frustrating!

I feel your pain. I finally managed to submit two pocket queries earlier today (2:27 EST) and haven't seen them yet. We leave Thursday morning for our four day trip. I have the coords in the GPS off the preview, but it would sure be nice to get a PQ for the PDA so I don't have to do a major cut and paste job at the last minute.

1:46 a.m. Just got both PQs and I am feeling relieved. This might be a decent spring break for me after all. (I could use a bit of R&R, it's been a rough year)

Edited by Team Neos