4 Out Of 5 Are Missing :(

C&CHunting

4 out of 5 of my Travel Bugs are missing.

My last and most widely traveled bug is now missing in England. Only my most recent bug is still alive and well. A few of the caches they have been in have been deactivated or lost, some have been ransacked or plundered, others have simply gone missing.

Is there a trick to keeping your bug active? What can I do to ensure they have long lives? If I attach special instructions to my bug with that help?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am especially disappointed about loosing my C&CBug2 in England. :huh: What is a father it do?

Well let's take these one at a time.

C&C Bug 1

Cache destroyed (although I don't understand the invisible TB comments).

C&C Bug 2

Cache destroyed

C&C Bug 3

Taken but not logged.

(So far I'd say you need to keep your bugs out of caches)

C&C Bug 4

Taken but not logged. (A little late now but I would have been talking to craigstine last year)

C&C Bug 5

Last comments (I am always a little reluctant to pick up a TB with nothing on it hinting where it wants to go, for fear to frustrating a mission)

Okay, first of all I don't see any photos. How are you releasing bugs? Are the items strong and sturdy? Do you tie them to the tag with the little chain or something stronger like a key ring? Do you include an instruction tag or sheet stating that it is a Travel Bug?

I like to release bugs that aren't too pretty and are clearly mark for traveling with direct instructions (even if they don't have a goal.)

Edited by BlueDeuce

I will admit that I have not attached an individual instruction sheet to each, but I don't think that would have made any difference. " Ransacked and missing" is not a matter of semantics. Most of my bugs were attached to a rubber lizard from the Dollar Store.

I think that BlueDeuce is saying that my bugs are slightly misguided but very unlucky. :(

What can be done to help my next generation? ;)

What can be done to help my next generation? :lol:

I would add a laminated goal tag to the bug. (You can get the self-laminating tags in the luggage section of your local stuffmart)

Whether or not it has a specific goal at least people will know better what it is. Having people know it's a TB is a good thing.

I also think people take better care of bugs that are more interesting than a 'move from cache to cache' bug.

Bugs that encourage cacher involvement beyond grabbing and dropping is also much more interesting for the owner.