Type Of Log: Needs Maintenance

Team Henzlik

If you log "Needs Maintenance" as apposed to "Found It", does this find count? I logged it this way because the found cache was almost destroyed and I felt my duty to report this to the owner. Should I have logged this find differently? I recently purchased GSAK and am still currently learning all the functionality of this prog. Man there's allot! I discovered a discrepancy between "My Logs" on the Geocaching website and GSAK, while carefully comparing the two. It turned out to be a find I logged as "Needs Maintenance" that we're not getting credit for. See the below message I get when trying to edit the log of this cache from "My Account Details".

Editing a Log Entry

There was an action associated with this log. The log type cannot be changed.

In reference to: Three Diamonds Micro (Traditional Cache)

Type of log: Needs Maintenance

Date Logged: Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Comments:

This cache is almost destroyed. Very wet.

Thanks for the hide!

SL

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help / clarification here.

Needs Maintenance does not count as a find. Create two logs - one for finding a cache and another for needs maintenance. Someone may be visiting a cache to place/retrieve a bug or just to check on it when in the area and might log Needs Maintenance where they didn't want to log a find on the cache.

Needs Maintenance does not count as a find. Create two logs - one for finding a cache and another for needs maintenance. Someone may be visiting a cache to place/retrieve a bug or just to check on it when in the area and might log Needs Maintenance where they didn't want to log a find on the cache.

Thank you for the clarification. :rolleyes: