How Do I Permanently Close My Account/membership?

qhtxvckfkfl

I don't think that you can...why not just leave...permanently, and not worry about the account?

if you want to make sure that nobody contacts you, change the info in your profile to random stuff...

better yet, auction it off on Ebay... :lol:

j

Edited by NFA

I don't think that you can...why not just leave...permanently, and not worry about the account?

if you want to make sure that nobody contacts you, change the info in your profile to random stuff...

better yet, auction it off on Ebay... :mad:

j

OR, wrote to Contact at geocaching.com and ask to have your account disabled. They will gladly do it for you.

If your premium account is renewing or monthy go to paypal and cancel it so it doesn't keep sending out the payments. If non renewing then just let it expire.

Otherwise all you need to do is just stop using your account,

Edit: If you really need it closed so noone can contact you, use the contact address and they can 'disable' it.

Edited by welch

If your premium account is renewing or monthy go to paypal and cancel it so it doesn't keep sending out the payments. If non renewing then just let it expire.

Otherwise all you need to do is just stop using your account, and change your email to some fake one if you don't want anyone to email you. Normally any logs (like finds) are just as they are.

That is not the answer. The proper way is to write an email to Contact@ and they will properly close the account. This way should we need to reach you for some reason we can. The disable routine that runs invalidates your account and removes all watch list and weekly cache notifications. Please if you no longer want an account allow us to close it properly.

Entering fake anything is never a good solution.

Edited by CO Admin