Travel Bugs In General

5¢

I know the forums only get like 5% of the cachers, and this forum itself probably gets 1% of 5%, but here we go. The Indiana, Illinois area I am in area code 62454, to me seems to get very little travel bugs. I read a thread not to long ago that said that a guy had quite a few bugs that have seen a lot of miles, but of the states most of them hadn't seen the two that stuck out where my two locals, Indiana and Illinois. My question is this, how often do you all outside this area see new travel bugs coming in? Is this a once a week thing, or more like a once a month thing for ya'll? What can I do to get more folks excited about bringin tb's to my area?

Tons of travel bugs (but few geocoins) travel through the Washington, DC area. I'm guessing the fact that people come to DC lots for both business and leisure travel makes a big difference. Right now there are about 115 caches with travel bugs (well, and geocoins) within 20 miles of my house. The fact that home caching area of DC area cachers tends to overlap with Frederick and Baltimore, Maryland cachers' home areas (and theirs with other cachers to the north) probably tends to help move bugs around the Northeastern US.

Looking at the bugs I've personally found, lots of them came from outside the DC area, but some have kicked around various DC/MD/VA caches quite a bit, and then moved on to pretty much all over the country!

But basically, we get bugs in and out all the time. Too much for any one person to keep up with really.

Of course, if you want to see more bugs in your area, you have options: collect up bugs on trips and bring them back (and encourage other local cachers to do so too) or buy tags and start your own! :rolleyes:

Edited by kelly@9

San Diego California.

A lot of travel bugs and coins motor through this part of the world - most transplanted from remote area. I assume that geocachers bring them with on business/pleasure to this part of the world.

Around here, most of the geocachers are sharp and will chase down the distant coins to get a look at them - gotta be quick to find them.

I read a thread not to long ago that said that a guy had quite a few bugs that have seen a lot of miles, but of the states most of them hadn't seen the two that stuck out where my two locals, Indiana and Illinois.

That was me (in this post) but I'm not a guy. B)

Ooops