Fs: Garmin Gps-48

I have available a used, but very good condition Garmin GPS-48 unit for sale. Includes the user manual. Note that this Garmin allows the easy connection of an external antenna if desired.

$70 SHIPPED anywhere in the continental USA via USPS Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation.

PayPal preferred, but will accept other forms of mailed payment if necessary. Thanks.

- John...

Sorry, but that's just too low. They are going for more than my asking price on EBay on a normal basis. If I can't get $65 shipped for it here, then I'll just put it up there and easily get the $65 for it -- probably plus shipping on top of that actually.

Thanks anyway.

- John...

I am thinking about this one. I will look at the online manual (if I can find it) but here are a few quick questions:

1) Does it find waypoints, or allow navigating to way points?

2) Can I upload to it, or download from it via GSAK?

3) I assume it will connect to a laptop computer, and with appropriate software will act as a NMEA data source for my navigation mapping laptop software, correct??

4) Is it waterproof, and drop proof?

I've actually barely used this unit -- I'm not that familiar with it. That being said, I believe:

1. Yes, you can navigate to waypoints as expected.

2. Yes, I believe that with the serial cable, it would communicate fine with GSAK.

3. Yes, it does NMEA output.

4. Yes, Garmin lists it as "Waterproof rated per standard IEC 529 IPX4, ultrasonically welded"

See the Garmin Info Page and Garmin Spec Page for more details.

- John...