Explorist 210 And Mapsend Topo 3d

OK, I have my eXplorist 210 and MapSend Topo 3D software. The GPSr is connected to my laptop and I am trying to upload a selected region. The MapSend software is trying to connect to the GPSr through a com port, but the eXplorist connects via USB. What now. Do I have to buy an adaptor of some sort? Please help! ;)

interesting, i just bought the mapsend directroute and am having the exact same problem. I remember someone saying that we can't directly load to the explorist as it only recognizes serial ports. So, somehow we have to load to the explorist by USB as if it were a hard drive.

Somehow we have to find the map file (of our designated area) and directly load it to the 'region' folder on our GPS, as if it were simply a hard drive with folders. Problem is I don't know where to find the map regions that I created.

OK, I have my eXplorist 210 and MapSend Topo 3D software. The GPSr is connected to my laptop and I am trying to upload a selected region. The MapSend software is trying to connect to the GPSr through a com port, but the eXplorist connects via USB. What now. Do I have to buy an adaptor of some sort? Please help! ;)

OK, here is the path to the map region location

C:\Program Files\Magellan\MapSend Topo 3D USA\DOCS

Now where do we copy the file to on the GPSr?

I copied to Background maps and Detailed maps, but those directories show empty on the GPSr. The file type must not be recognized by the GPSr OS.

Define your region and check the box to select it for compiling. Go to Regions/Upload to GPS. Be sure your explorist is connected to the PC as an external hard drive, and choose "Upload to SD card Programmer."

When you get to the window where you have to select the drive, choose the drive associated with your explorist. Click finish and the program will write the file to the root directory of your 210's memory. After it's done, you will need to go in with windows explorer and move the file to the Detail Maps folder.

If you are looking on the hard drive for the detail map files, search for files ending with .imi

Edit: I should add that I am using my knowledge of how the 500 works; I haven't actually tried this on a 210 so my logic may diverge from reality (it wouldn't be the first time).

Edited by embra