Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODragon

Error On One Set Of Waymarkers..

Recommended Posts

So I have 4 locations set on my profile. All but one of them works.

 

Clicking the owners name or the "Log It" button gives me the following:

 

Clicking on the name of the waymarker, it beings me back out to the Waymarking directory as well as turns my location filter off.

 

The link is this.

 

However, I notice when I pull out the "&bname=Grandma's" from it, it acts properly. I've done a little working and now have removed the ' from the location and it worked fine.

 

I guess I'm pointing out an error in naming locations. Hope this helps with debugging!

Share this post


Link to post

Forgive me but I don't see what you are saying. I can't fix anything, I'm just trying to see what you're seeing.

 

When I click on the link you suggested, I see 3 Waymarks. I have my Filter set to 100%

 

Based on the coordinates in the URL, the closest to that point is 2.6 km (under 2 miles) away.

 

Nothing there has "Grandma's" in it....

 

Can you provide the Catagory it is in?

 

:D The Blue Quasar

Share this post


Link to post

Forgive me but I don't see what you are saying. I can't fix anything, I'm just trying to see what you're seeing.

When I click on the link you suggested, I see 3 Waymarks. I have my Filter set to 100%

Based on the coordinates in the URL, the closest to that point is 2.6 km (under 2 miles) away.

Nothing there has "Grandma's" in it....

Can you provide the Catagory it is in?

:D The Blue Quasar

 

Try clicking on any of the 3 waymarks on the page. Do they go where they are supposed to? For me, they don't go where they are supposed to.

 

As for grandma's, check the URL of the link, it's in there. It was the name of the location I was using as the center point.

 

See if you can replicate it now.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

I can't exactly duplicate the problem your are reporting, but I can produce some strange behavior when I set my location filter using an origin whose name includes an apostrophe, as follows:

 

1) Create an origin and name it Tempe's (I used a lon/lat of someplace in Tempe, AZ)

2) Turn location filter off, if it was on

3) Browse to Places > Buildings

4) Turn on the location filter (filter by origin using the origin named Tempe's

5) Click on the 'Search Now' button under Waymark Search:

search_now.gif

 

What results is a list of building waymarks named after the waymark owner, not the correct waymark name:

location_filter_problem.gif

 

Clicking on the owner's name sends me to a "You are not authorized to view this page" page.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't exactly duplicate the problem your are reporting, but I can produce some strange behavior when I set my location filter using an origin whose name includes an apostrophe, as follows:

 

Clicking on the owner's name sends me to a "You are not authorized to view this page" page.

 

Actually, you are duplicating the same thing I am! :D or at least it looks like you are!

Share this post


Link to post

The problems we are seeing are pretty similar, but the links underneath the owner names are formatted differently between my example and yours. The URLs under the links in my example use a DTCUID=blahblahblah name/value pair in the call to profile.asp, but the URLs under the links in your example uses btype=2 and bname=Grandma's name/value pairs.

 

In both cases, it's probably related to the use of the apostrophe.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...