Garmin Ledgend And No Satellite Lock?

3 Bubbas

New batteries, clear view of sky, all systems checked and ok and my Ledgend will not pick up any satellite signals. :blink::) Has anyone else had this problem before?

Is there a fix?

I guess the easy fix is return it to the store, since I am under 1 year from purchase date, and start looking at a 60cs or csx. :D

I've had that one happen to me. It asked you if you were indoors and you foolishly answered that it was ok to use the unit with the GPS turned off (you won't do that again after this) - so it turned the GPS antenna circuitry off to allow you to fiddle with the unit in the comfort of your easy-chair. So now the setting is "off" and it is remembering this setting even after you power the whole unit down and back up.

The fix: on the main menu (the one with 6 icons), select "Settings". I think you will find that it says "GPS off" (or something other than "Normal") in the first data field (if not, then I am wrong in my diagnosis). Select this field and you will find that there are 4 choices; select "Normal".