Newbie Question About Installing Topo...

Just got a new Garmin 60CSx and had no problem installing City Navigator and TOPO 24k to my PC. TOPO is another story though. Essentially, the install did not install the databases to my PC but DID allow me to access the databases from within MapSource.

The problem is that as soon as I select one of the TOPO databases from the dropdown, it wants me to insert a CD into my CD drive. YUCK! I have lots of free space on my PC's hard drive and just want to put the TOPO databases there. How do I do it?

Help!

First make a new folder on your hard drive to put the stuff in. Put your 1st cd in the drive and go to "My Computer". Right click on the D drive, and select "explore". Copy all the files to the new folder. Then copy the East, West, Alaska, and Hawaii files from the other disks in the same way. Finally, remove all disks, and exicute the "setup.exe" in the new folder (not from the cd). That should get you started. These map files take a few minutes lo copy, so be patient.

First make a new folder on your hard drive to put the stuff in. Put your 1st cd in the drive and go to "My Computer". Right click on the D drive, and select "explore". Copy all the files to the new folder. Then copy the East, West, Alaska, and Hawaii files from the other disks in the same way. Finally, remove all disks, and exicute the "setup.exe" in the new folder (not from the cd). That should get you started. These map files take a few minutes lo copy, so be patient.