Transferring Files To Mapsource.

WVski

Im having a hard time transfering files from EasyGPS to mapsource.

.gpx or .loc files will not open in saved in EasyGPS.

I have a map with all my waypoints on it saved in mapsource. I saved that as a .gpx file, opened it with easygps and added about 30 more waypoints, then resaved in easygps and it will no longer open with mapsource.

Is there an easier way to add multiple waypoints in mapsource without doing it one at a time, on an already saved map?

Im having a hard time transfering files from EasyGPS to mapsource.

.gpx or .loc files will not open in saved in EasyGPS.

I have a map with all my waypoints on it saved in mapsource. I saved that as a .gpx file, opened it with easygps and added about 30 more waypoints, then resaved in easygps and it will no longer open with mapsource.

Is there an easier way to add multiple waypoints in mapsource without doing it one at a time, on an already saved map?

The easiest way is to manage your waypoints in GSAK and then export them. Mapsource likes GSAK's output.

Be sure that each waypoint has a unique name.

This is the correct answer. MapSource requires each waypoint to have a different name. EasyGPS does not have this restriction, but will warn you if you try to send two matching waypoints to your GPS. This way, you can keep a master file with all of your data, and use meaningful names.

EasyGPS saves .loc and .gpx files in a manner that MapSource will not read/open, but a .loc or .gpx file downloaded from GC/PQs can be read by both, and EasyGPS can read file created by MapSource. Don't know why.

Do make sure you have latest version of MapSource or you won't be able to open any .loc/.gpx files.

To transfer the files, you'll have to upload from EasyGPS to GPS to MapSource.

I was having this problem with an earlier version of easygps... anything I saved in easygps (as .gpx) couldn't be opened by other programs. I am now using easygps 2.0.1, and it seems fine.

I'm not sure if it was a problem with the older easygps or maybe as others have said, I had duplicates before, but now don't.

You can give version 2.0.1 a try and see what happens.