File Conversion: Mapsource To Poi Loader

team_perro

Does anyone know how to convert waypoints from Garmin MapSource format (.gdb, .mps, .gpx) to the .csv format required by the "POI loader" application?

I'd like to define waypoints in MapSource and then send it to my Garmin Nüvi GPS. However, the MapSource program cannot download waypoints to the Nüvi, I have to use the "POI loader" to do this. Strangely enough, these programs seem not to be compatible. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong here?

Edited by team_perro

I learned that there's an even simpler solution: Just export the waypoints from MapSource in GPX format, then copy the .gpx file to the Nuvi file system at \Garmin\Waypoints. The Nuvi will then auto-import the waypoints (and delete the .gpx file) and the waypoints will appear under "My Favorites".

POI Loader 2.2.1 was just released and it supports GPX files. So now you could load several thousand geocaches into your unit (I've got 3000 in my C320). You can also use MapSource to create the POIs, save them as GPX and send them to the unit using POI Loader.

I have a C320, and have downloaded easygps and POI Loader.

I am having difficutly getting the points from the .cvs file or the .GPX file into the C320

This is what I do

1. Download from geocaching.com may waypoints ina .GPX format

2. Use POI Loader - it finds my C320 just fine.

3. The next screen asks for the directory that the .GPX file is in

4. It does not list the file when I look for it!!!! :)

what am I doing wrong here? :P It seems like it should be there