Us Property, No Trespassing

salmoned

In addition to Naval aviation squadrons, NAS Barbers Point hosts the Coast Guard, which has been part of the station as a Coast Guard Air Facility since 1949. The facility was designated Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point in 1965 and is the only Coast Guard aviation unit located in the 14th Coast Guard District. Their C-130 Hercules aircraft and H-65 Dolphin helicopters perform search and rescue missions within the central Pacific maritime region. Aircraft also conduct water pollution patrols in the Hawaiian Islands.

The Coast Guard Air Station, a tenant of the NAS, remained at Barbers Point, which now serves general aviation on Oahu and hosts units of the Hawaii National Guard. The Navy has retained 1,100 acres for military housing and family support facilities. The 2,150 acres ceded to Hawaii is now the Kalaeloa Community Development District.

http://gis.hicentral.com/website/parcelzoning/viewer.htm

Which is the City and County of Honolulu Department of Planning and Permiting

Searched for the TMK 91013015:0000 provided and this is what I got in about 5 secs.

OWNER

Owner Information

91013015:0000

Name:  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Type:  Fee Owner

Percent Owner: 

Assessment Notice Address:  >

City: 

State: 

Zip: 

PROPERTY INFO

Property Information

91013015:0000

Building Value:  0

Building Exempt:  0

Land Value:  24,021,200

Land Exempt:  24,021,200

Land Classification:  Improved Residential

Unit Number:  0

Acre:  68.632

Square Feet:  0

BUILDING PERMITS:

No building permits meeting the criteria you entered were found. Please try again.

ZONING INFO:

TMK:  9-1-013:015 

Historical TMK Sequence:   

Area (sq ft):  2989610. 

Area (acres):  68.632 

Lot Number:   

Ohana:   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

LAND CONTROL CODES

Code Type  Code Description

FLOOD ZONE  FIRM ZONE D

HEIGHT LIMIT  FEDERAL JURISDICTION

HISTORIC SITE REGISTER  NO

LOT RESTRICTIONS  NONE

SPECIAL DISTRICT  NOT IN SPECIAL DISTRICT

STATE LAND USE  URBAN DISTRICT

STREET SETBACK  NONE

ZONING (LUO)  F-1 MILITARY & FEDERAL PRESERVATION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

FACILITIES

Facility Code  Year Built  No. of Floors  Total Floor Area

No data available.

TMK SEPARATIONS

Activity Code  Census Tract  Census Block

No data available.

Address List:

Using the link Camo provided to the source he got his information from, I discovered something. Use the image viewer and select the area in question. Now be aware this map is a little out dated compared to my gps america select 7 software. It is between essex rd. and an unnamed rd. off of vinson which is also unnamed on the tax map. The click on state land on the bottom under utitlities I think. It will show all state land in red. What do you know, the area in question is red. :anitongue: I printed the image out and have to scan it into a jpeg before I can upload it. You cannot hyperlink for some reason. Whos ignorant now? :laughing:

First off Camo is a She not a he.

Second I'm not sure what the color red has to do with any of this as when I click on it all it does it bring it in closer but I don't get any red?????

What I do get when I get in is a note that comes up and says: Federally regulated, F-1 Military and Federal.

Oh I found the Red on the second tab when I bring up the legend it says red is Urban, the tan brown is AG. White is Parcel, Dark green is o, light green is conservation

Maybe the simple solution is to get BOTH the US Govertment permission, since according to taxes records (legal documents) they own it AND the State of Hawii or whoever the current leasee is. There for there is no question.

Be mindful according to the site the last real property transfer occured on 12/25/05

For those of us outside the state the issue is that if we happened along this cache and we got caught on the land and it really is and being used by say the NG (which is military) we could get in big trouble.

Why? Your questions appear off-topic and personal in nature.

I'm asking you why you started this thread. How on topic can a question be?

The truth is that it becomes a bit uncomfortable when someone asks you simple questions about your own actions doesn't it Ed? Everything seems to be fine when it is you jumping on everyone else.

There's 1000's of caches in Hawaii, if it is the fact that "it's the cache and not the owner" that bothers you so much, how did -this particular one- come to bother you so much? Tell me again that this doesn't have -anything- to do with the ongoing beef you are having with this cache owner?

I have one good reason why I haven't included those other caches - they are not overtly posted with "No Trespassing" signs. Yes, they are on property still titled to the US government, but without the signs, the case is weakened. Also, they are on property that was previously base housing (now leveled), with no known hazards. I have previously commented on all 3 caches (in one of my deleted posts), but focused on this one, as it is the most egregious violation.

Geoblast, if you really need an answer to that question here it is - for the umpteenth time - The cache violates the rules in a manner prejudicial to the geocaching activity. I hope you got it this time...

Edited by edchen

At this point you guys may need to take it to email, private messages, your own local forums, or wherever. If you would like to continue discussing property issues and personal matters, please do so using other means.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

It seems the point of the original question was answered and now the topic has dissolved into finger pointing from all sides, and in all directions. The cache has been reported to Geocaching.com, including the reviewer who published the cache.

Closing topic.