Phoenix And Tucson

jusb

If you could only do one geocache in Phoenix area and one in Tucson area, what would it be? I'm gonna be there in two weeks and am looking for a couple of great ones. Perferably 3 stars or greater.

I will be in a regular car, so please take that into consideration.

thanks

jusb

Since you haven't got any responses, I'll give you a couple of ideas. In south mountain park (south of Phoenix in Awatukee) I did a fairly easy Multi called "Lohi". This one required a little hiking but has some nice views. The other one I just did as a family for our 100th find. The area is very scenic during the day but we did this one at night for the added effect. Its name is "Hagrid's Forest" in east Mesa. These are the ones I could come up with in town. There are plenty out of town if that is what you are looking for. Enjoy :)

If you feel like traveling a bit further south, (maybe an hour or so), then you may want to check out "El Diablo's Treasure" (GCKPPC)...While I have never done the cache, I know the people that placed it and have seen the elaborate photos. It is truly something special!

Just read the logs and you will understand the scope of the cache. :grin:

Editd for more accurate driving time...

Edited by TeamSanruft

If you do Newman Peak you will have a good hike but it's not an overly hard one. Getting back to it will require at least a vehicle with some clearance but 4X4 is recomended.

You could always do Picacho Peak just on the other side of the highway; also a very good hike but not to hard.

Good luck

Well did you make it to Arizona and which caches did you do?

Team Jet Blast

I hiked up Picacho Peak but couldn't find the cache. It was still worth the hike.

I actually didn't have time to do any in Phoenix, but I did pretty much all the ones between Phoenix and Las Vegas(around 20) A Shocking View was my favorite, I think.