Tb In Google Earth Parse Error

TeamKristensen

Hi

We are several in Denmark that have a problem with the kml-file from Groundspeak regarding TB's.

Google Earth returnes a Parse error if the TB description or a log contains a ' (apostrophe) like in I'll, can't and so on.

Can Groundspeak remove this ' (apostrophe) from the kml-file before we download it?

Are there any other solution to this problem?

Is there anyone in other countries that have the same problem?

Ole Kristensen (TeamKristensen)

I have the same problem in the UK with travel bug ref TBGM02

This travel bug was originally named 'Who am I?' and I beleived that it may have been the question mark causing the problem. I have renamed the TB without the ? but regrettably this does not seem to update the KML file that Google Earth uses <_<

I'm not sure if this problem has occured before as at the moment the search engine for the forums appear to be down

Kind regards

Chris

The apostrophes aren't casuing the problem with the kml file for Who am I. If you view the kml file with a program like notepad and scroll down to line 104 which is the 1/2/2005 log for for Famara you'll find an accented character in the log. That's causing the file to generate an error. The word causing the problem is this one "We´ve" if you change it to "We've" you should be good to go. While you're at it change "Nekhbets" to "Nekhbet's".

Thank you for your prompt reply. Your solution worked perfectly, I presume that I will need to edit this file each time I need to update it or alternatively ask Famara very nicely if he could edit his post to exclude those characters <_<

I'm glad I could help. I will post something in the gc.com web site section letting Jeremy know there's some issues with the .kml files. With luck he can search and replace those special characters before creating the .kml file.

For now though you will have to edit the file unless Famara updates his log.