Adding A Link To A Cache Listing

Silly Look

I'm tring to add a link to a cache listing (GCN26E) and I have several questions. When I cut and pasted the link for the tides from the web browser into the HTML listing, it showed up as gibberish after I submitted it, so when I got back in to re-edit the page I typed it in. What is the easy way to cut and paste so I don't have to type a 100 charecter string into the HTML listing?

And what do I need to do to get the link to open in a new window?

Thanks.

I'm tring to add a link to a cache listing (GCN26E) and I have several questions.  When I cut and pasted the link for the tides from the web browser into the HTML listing, it showed up as gibberish after I submitted it, so when I got back in to re-edit the page I typed it in.  What is the easy way to cut and paste so I don't have to type a 100 charecter string into the HTML listing?

And what do I need to do to get the link to open in a new window? 

Thanks.

The easiest way to copy & paste a URL into your cache listing is to go to the page that you want to link to, left-click in the URL window so that the entire URL is highlighted, and copy it to your clipboard by hitting CRTL-C. Then in your cache page, type this:

<a href="">your clickable link text here</a>

and then paste the URL between the "" marks with CTRL-V.

To get your "Tides" link to open in a new window, put it in the cache page like this:

<a href="http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/washingtonsites.html" _target="blank">Tides</a>

Edited by the hermit crabs