Travel Bug Updates

GeeOhWhatFun

I was introduced to Geocaching a year ago and have had wonderful fun looking for and finding caches. This holiday season was able to spend additional time with neice and nephews starting their caches and honing their GPS skills. My challenge is this. We travel frequently and often carry a TB or two with us across the country. On our recent trip to Houston met a fellow geocacher who encouraged me to log each visit on the web...rather than the log book only...as he got copies in his mailbox...so now I am trying to do that. I used to only write about travel bugs to speed them on their way...Now, I have found the following things happen...I write a post on the Found It section of a TB and it in turn still requires that I write a post on the last cache location. It also doesn't seem to remove the TB located in that cache or post a new addition to that cache in the Travel Bugs at this location box. I haven't seen a way to make that happen...Can someone of more experience help me out? Thanks.

You seem to know how to log bugs and caches so unless I'm mistaken you don't have a logging problem per se.

I completely agree that it isn't as user friendly as it could be. It's log the cache and drop the bug and you have to post an separate note just to record the bug's travels.

Nonetheless I hope you still plan on logging both your caching and your bug adventures. Personally, I prefer going after a bug that grabs my interest by getting a chance to meet a special goal. The ones with goals of moving from cache to cache are fine, but there is usually not much to write about or have fun with.

(Good question, by the way)

Edited by BlueDeuce