60cs Not Much Diffrent Then Legend C

kevin308

60cs Vs Legenc C

Yes the 60cs will win it has 56 Meg memory, 1,000 waypoints, Built-In Electronic Compass & Barometric Altimeter, however for the price diffrance, unless you absolutely Must have the 60cs, then the Legend C is more then good enough.

If they cost the same I'll pick the 60cs but because the price diffrance is so great is it worth it?

I'm sure its like racing a ferrari f50 with a ferrari f40 the f50 will win but only just.

It largely depends on what you want to do with the GPSr. I just bought a Legend C and am very happy with it. I prefer its small size compared to the 60cs, a feature which was far more important to me than the added memory or other features. An electronic compass can be nice, but it does need to be calibrated fairly often on the GPSr. Plus, it makes sense to just carry a regular compass while caching, hiking, or whatever you might be using your GPSr for--it won't run out of batteries. If an electronic compass or Barometric altimeter is really important, though, the Vista C is priced inbetween the two. Different choices for different needs...

A 60C might price closer to the Legend C and still fill the needs of many cachers. I own the 60Cs, but use the compass rarely. I do use auto-routing all the time since I travel for work so the larger unit is my preference. With the new memory requirements for the auto-routing software it looks like even more memory will be needed in the future.

I waivered back and forth between the 60C and the 60CS and finally decided on the 60C.

The price difference was pretty great, and the 60c had everything I needed for geocaching and more.

The biggest reason though was that in geocaching with a friend who had a CS, I watched her constantly stopping while the electonic compass yelled at her for not keeping the unit level enough. It was really annoying. It was great for standing still, but hard to follow and walk at the same time.

My 60c requires me to move in order to update my direction, but it isn't so picky about how I hold it and I consider that a feature :laughing: