Local Geocache List

rodney.buck

There are a lot of days when I just want to quickly print off a list of local caches and go hunting. What if Groundspeak added the coordinates to the cache list that pops up when I do a search to that I could simply print out the list and have all the coordindates handy? Otherwise I have to open each cache page and print them separately which takes a lot longer and uses more paper. I realize that I would miss the hints and other info but I think it would be worth the trade off. Any thoughts. Rod

Just a thought here --

Some caches are multi-stage, and the information necessary to move from place to place is often dependent on the information from the cache page. Also, others sites are puzzle caches, and having just the coordinates wouldn't do me a durn bit of good. Warnings about the sensitivity of a cache sight cannot be overlooked. Lastly, the level of difficulty is most important. I'd certainly be pist with myself if I'd driven many miles to a cache site, walked and bushwacked my way into the site only to find I needed (for example) hip boots to cross a stream to get to the cache, or a length of rope to climb down a ledge face to the cache, or something as simple as a strap wrench to open the cache canister.

Personally, I print the cache page out and put it into a roll-up binder inside my cachepak, along with my trading items and other bits and pieces that I've found over the last year or so to make my caching experience both safe and enjoyable.

You can also do this with GSAK and print a grid that looks like this (the columns displayed are user selectable, and column widths can be changed):

gsakgrid8ld.th.jpg

(click the photo for a larger view)

GSAK allows you to easily select the caches you want to print out, then upload the same caches to your GPSr. It can also do a whole lot more that makes planning cache trips easier and more fun!