Dc Cachers Untie!

kelly@9

Ok, so I may be a n00b, but I still know about the MD Geocaching Society, and I saw a post recently about folks in Northern VA trying to organize, but how about those cachers who actually live in DC itself?

I live on Capitol Hill, and I imagine I can't be the only one here who lives in the city instead of in the 'burbs, guess my question is, are there enough DC folk who'd be interested in organizing some sort of group? Or does it make more sense to get together and form a DC-area group including the suburbs? Or just beg MGS to be a part of them (since all of present DC did used to be part of Maryland of course)?

And if I wanted to organize a DC event cache sometime this spring, would people be into it? I'd certainly like to meet some other cachers!

(And yes, in case you didn't figure it out from the topic description, the "typo" in the topic title is deliberate.)

Edited by kelly@9

Host a geocaching event, and see how many 'locals' show up. Then, you can discuss organizing at the event, with those who would likely be members. A lot more local cachers will see an event page than will see a forum post.

Oh, and if there's not a lot of interest in a DC specific group, (or even if there is, and you just want another resource) the MGS is a great group and very welcoming. You won't have to beg to be part of the group. :blink:

Being from VA I would say that I would not mind you joining in with this group either. We are a friendly bunch. People are usually more than happy to allow you to join in with them. I was accepted into a Texas event while just passing through. It was really nice to see new faces no matter where you go. I had found enough caches in the area to have some know the name prior as well. If that all makes any sense.