Changing Forum Pinned Icon

flgAZ

Noticed on the Topic Title page of the forums that animated GIFS are allowed. Wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the "Pinned" Icon to to some kind of flashing Readme arrow, specificlly the "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions" pinned topic. If not maybe change the link's font to 18 maybe? If not perminant, at least for the week after Chrismas.

Really good to see lots of new user Id's, looks like more than a few people got GPSr's for Christmas!!

Personally, I'd like to have people linked to that FAQ thread when they try to make their first post - but that's me. :o

If you made it so bold and big, then OTHERS would complain that it's too annoying. Grumble-Grumble-Grumble. That's why I posted the "Welcome New Cachers" thread, I'll periodically try for a day or two to keep it near the top, but not in the sticky area. I'm HOPING it will help.

Maybe we could just make new account take a quiz??

Without forcing people to actually do something, you can't really make them do it...

Using pinned, and bold and whatever will work for a little while, but will get lost after a short time when everyone gets used to the new thing and once again ignores it.

Nah - it's not a problem of not reading the instruction manual. I never did when I started caching. The problem is not reading the sticky threads at the top before asking a question.

But Welch has it right, everything bold=nothing bold, and anything that looks "commonplace" will be ignored. :o

When I was a kid Fire Trucks were Bright Red. But no one saw them so Tucson painted them Yellow/Green. After a few years no one saw them so they painted them White. After a few years no one saw them so they painted them Red again. It doesn't matter what color or if they flash or not. People will quickly ignore them. Its human nature.

Nah - it's not a problem of not reading the instruction manual. I never did when I started caching. The problem is not reading the sticky threads at the top before asking a question.

But Welch has it right, everything bold=nothing bold, and anything that looks "commonplace" will be ignored. :o

HiHi, I know, I was giving that as an exemple. It's quicker to ask the question then go throught reading the threads. :o