Rate My Equipment

I have an Eagle Explorer and a Megellan Meridian GPS units.

The Megellan has a computer cable, expansion card and a CD that my wife inadvertently lost for me during our move. This unit seems to be very accurate minus the thrills of a color display. I would like to know more about people's thoughts on the Megellan Meridian series and the available upgrades such as external antennae, powersupply, and power adapter for the vehicle along with any available software.

The Eagle Explorer is my newest aquisition and haven't used it as of yet. I bought the unit for $100 US dollars so my wife can have a unit for geocaching. It came with a cord for the vehicle, but no software. I would also like to know of the capabilities of this unit. Did I make a good buy? Is this unit upgradable?

Thanks for everyone's help.

I have a Meridain gold that I have used for about 3 years. As far as options you have the Data cable, 12 volt cable for auto cig lighter, Mapsend direct route software, Map send topo software, as well as several types of mounting brackets. You can find a complete list on Magellans web sight, I have used and external antenna with my and I was not impressed with it. As many have read my post in the past re ext. antennas on a GPS, I feel they are a waste of money.

I have not seen and eagle GPS for a long time, I use to sell them but I do not remember much about them other than they were mad by Lowarance in the early years of GPS (Yes folks, Lowrance was one of the early brands in GPS) The eagle was the brand name they put on units that were sold to large chain stores. After a few years Lowrance got out on the consummer GPS market, and got back into it about two or three years ago.

Edited by JohnnyVegas