Need Some Input On A Cache

oldnavy59

I have an idea that i want to try but im not sure of where to locate it. it would consist of a U shape made out of PVC, one leg would be wide enough to use a plunger(plumber friend) at the bottom would be a reducer on the bottom leg of the U would be small holes to let drain water out but small holes so it wouldnt drain out fast. the other upright leg would be about 1 inch and longer then the larger diameter leg inside this would be a ball that would float with the coords on it. you would have to bring water and a plunger with you to get the coords to the final stage, i would like to place it so people would have to walk thru a park or publc location with a plunger and a gallon or 2 of water. my question is would this work and how would i do the U shape with out violating the hiding rules. it would have to be fixed so cachers couldnt just tip it upside down to retrieve the clue. any suggestions?????

Does this make sense??

I think that you are saying that to get the ball out of the smaller end the participant would have to plunge (i.e. drive air) into the larger end using the plunger. Is that correct? Keep the small end capped until they need to use it.

One thing you should consider is that the part of the ball with the coord printed on it would have to be weighted slightly to keep it down.

As far as the plunger goes, I for one would not want to get anywhere near something that somebody used a preowned plunger on. :anitongue::laughing:

I myself was thinking of doing a "hydraulic" cache myself. I thought of requiring someone to cup their hand over a tube (rather than touching the tube with their mouth) and blow to get something to pop out somewhere else. I think that would be practical.

You may want to put it near a source of water and not require that they carry more than 1 quart.

And, make sure to camouflage it. Maybe even find and cut a crook out of a log, split it and bore out the space needed to hide the works, except for the ends.

No problem with attaching it to a tree I don't think.

-it

i was thinking it would take a gallon or less and one of my ideas for this is to maybe put right out in plain view maybe attached to a fence. white pvc pipe sticking up or attached to a fence might not attract a lot of attention the getting the ball out might get people to notice course thats kinda the idea. you have to admit it would be just a liitle humous to see some one walking thru a park with a plunger and a gallon of water :anitongue:

Edited by oldnavy59

Lookup GCR010 , It's a cache I have that uses water in tubes, 1 1/4" PVC, The Idea is to retrive the log. there are 4 pipes of different lenght. they are connected to a sq.ring of pipes at their bottom end. The Sq.ring makes passages between the pipes connecting two pipes together, A longer one w/ a shorter one. In other words its like two "Us" together. There are 1/4" drain holes near the bottom of the short pipes to let the water out. Instead of a ball I used a waterproof matchbox. It depends on which pipe the log is in what you have to do to get it out. If it's in a short pipe you have to pour water in the right long pipe fast enough so the log will float high enough to grab as the water drains, 4 hands helps. If it's in a long pipe you must fill the pipe untill the short one overflows and then block that with body parts (generally Hands, but whos looking) while you fill the long pipe to float the log. yes you can turn it over and dump out the log, but people generally don't. The sq. ring of pipes on the bottom is weighed down to keep it in place. It is in the water at the edge of a large lake, this makes it easy to get water to pour, but also hides how the draining action works. I hope this helps. If I have hopelessly confused you , feel free to ask questions. Sorry I don't have a picture to show you. I would reconcider the use of a plunger!