Adding Cache Owner To Notify

baloo&bd

So I can understand better, why would you need the cache owner's link? The email is only meant as a notification and not a replacement for a cache listing.

Correct and. no it is not necessarily "needed". I probably did not word it very well. It was more as since the admins link is there anyway (which I am not sure is needed at all) I thought possibly it would not be difficult to add the owner.

In another thread there is a "lazy" type discusion going and this may fit that description as well. There are certain caches, at least in my area, that if I see the cachers name I will know I don't need to go get it at lunch since it will take significant time. I get my notifies at work, so this may be a very narrow minded need on my part.

I do it now by going to the link, just thought having the info right there would be a nice to have since the admins is there anyway.

Edited by baloo&bd

I've asked for the cache owner name (not a link - although we do get the name and link of the approver) in the notification, too - it is useful to see if a notification you've been waiting for is for the cache you are expecting or not.

Other good suggestions were made at:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...opic=104260&hl=

regarding a more condensed format conducive to mobile devices, and terrain difficulty ratings.

As it stands now, the notification is only useful as a notification to me to trigger my PQs to get all the new information, since there is not enough information in the notification to determine where the cache is and whether I should go read the listing and download it. i.e. the information in the notification does not inform any decision about whether or not to read the site - I always have to.

I imagine that for the typical FTF-hunter it does not make a big difference. He'll run for the cache anyway (and hence click through to the listing)... :ph34r:

But for me, just moderately interested in FTFs, the reaction on a notification would be different for different cache owners.

Some guys I know are experienced placers and you can run for the FTF as soon as you get the notification. In contrast many others normally require some beta-testing by FTF-wonnabes...:rolleyes:

I for my part typically sit and wait till everything's settled and go get the cache a bit later. No FTF but also no trouble with wrong descriptions (lots of multis over here!)...

Currently, I MUST click through to the website to see who placed the cache. If the owner was mentioned I'd be able to tell the "good apples" from the "bad" (:ph34r::unsure:) ones right away. If the owner and a link to the wap-version of the listing was given, that would really change life of FTF-hunters, even of people like me who get freaked out on a brand new cache only occasionally.

Best regards,

HoPri