Meridian Platinum

Sry if this has been coverd, I did a search and found some related topics, but none of them really helped.

Sometimes when i do a Go-To the gps will go back to the notice screen, or reboot.

I read in one of the post to reload the map, that sometimes it is corrupt.

Do I reload from the card to gps, or reload from pc to card?

And I just noticed all of waypoints are gone??

help me plz.

Edited by PappaBear & Family

Try reloading the firmware making sure to implicitly follow the instructions.

Then do a compass recalibration.

Do both of these with fresh batteries.

=-=-

The other thing to be aware of is any possible static electricity discharging around you.

=-=-

I have also noticed reboots occuring when I'm very close to landing flight paths of commercial airports... where the big landing lights are.

It depends on the size of your card, but it definitely is a slow process. To be honest, I don't know if it will be of any benefit or not.

This losing waypoints thing seems bizarre. Is it the case that they are disappearing from active memory (as if you did a clear memory/waypoints&routes)? Are they still on the SD card (if you saved them there as a file)?

There's a known design flaw in the Meridian where the battery springs have poor contact with the motherboard. It's pretty easy to take the unit apart and reseat them if you are out of the warranty period. That could account for power problems including re-boots. I don't think I've ever hear of waypoints just disappearing, though.

I'd be inclined to contact Magellan and see about exchange or repair.

[/quote There's a known design flaw in the Meridian where the battery springs have poor contact with the motherboard. It's pretty easy to take the unit apart and reseat them if you are out of the warranty period.]

Still under warranty, i have only had for two weeks.

The unit seems to only do this when the SD card is installed. I reformated using the gps and reloaded a map. Still has a problem.

I have borrowed a SD card from a buddy that works fine in his plat, so we will see if my card is the problem, or if my gps is the problem.

Maybe i have a too large of a map loaded? Its just inder 16,000 kb or 16mb. But that is what size he say's he runs on his. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

I will go test his card in my gps and let ya know. Wish me luck. :lol: