Category/sub Category Proposal

Hello,

I was browsing around the categories and thought of a good one, or at least I think it is a good one.

There isn't any one spot that I know of that lists ATV/Jeep Trails. This would make an excellent Waymarking category/sub category. I commonly cruise the mountain tops on my ATV and practice/teach LNT skills.

I am not a premium member to geocaching or Waymarking so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be a category owner or not, but I'd sure like to own this one.

What does everyone else think about having an ATV and Jeep Trails category? I'd like it to be required that trailhead coordinates be listed, and pictures of you or your group on the trail if you have any.

Thanks for the replies in advance! I really like where this Waymarking site is going.

--KingJR

Nice idea. Could be very useful if all the right details are collected.

I guess the waymark would be the "primary" trailhead. But since trails may have multiple entry points, multiple waymarks might exist.

Personally, besides a trail description, I'd like to know about parking (and if there's room for trailers); terrain difficulty (this will be subjective so easy / intermediate / challenging might be as far as it goes); trail length; altitude (for those folks who may need to adjust carbs); elevation change; trail restrictions; ... nice to know about key facts before driving across the state or country to visit a trail.

Very true AZ,

I didn't think about all that information relating to carbs, etc...because of the ATV and my Injected truck. The ATV has performed well up to 11,500 feet so far with out any adjustments, and it lives in my garage at 4980 feet.

The other good point is the spur trails, but if those spurs don't connect to anything, they wouldn't need to be listed. If one trail can get to access to 7 other trails then yes I too would like to have that listed.

Maybe, just maybe, we can get this as a category. But do I need to be a premium member to own this one?

--KingJR

It's a good category. Yes, you'd need to be a premium member to manage the category. Work out some of the variables for the category and some of the rules and we'll work on getting it online. Maybe you can find someone to manage it for you.

Group functionality will also help to better manage the category. We'll open categories more when that functionality exists on the site.

Group functionality will also help to better manage the category. We'll open categories more when that functionality exists on the site.

Jeremy, is there a pointer to the features you call "group functionality"? Not sure what that means.

I'll be willing to help KingJR, and whomever wants to pitch in, with describing the variables for the category.

Just getting started with the ATVs, am by no means an expert. KingJR should have first shot at it, if he (presumed by the JR) wants to go Premium and handle the category. If nobody else steps up to moderate the list, I could be coerced :anibad:

I would be more than willing to go premium if this category gets approved.

Thanks alot for all the great responses!

I assume I can keep looking at this forum post or maybe someone can send me an email through my profile when we're ready to get this one rolling?

Jeremy, are you an admin to Waymarking? If so I guess I need to be in contact with you directly?

--KingJR

Group functionality is an abbreviated description of the new features for managing a category as a team. A leader has ultimate management but can delegate things like waymark approval to other teammates. As a team it will be easier to review, publish or retract listings in your category as it grows in interest.

We're still a couple of months out for team management of categories. Once this feature exists we'll be opening up new category proposals instead of choosing categories from proposals here.

If you wish to figure out the requirements and variables please continue the conversation here.

Looks like I should have replied to this a while back...my how the time seems to fly.

Once Waymarking is prepared to list this as a category I will go premium to own the category.

Anyone wishing to help mantain the category can contact me directly through my profile, as I'm sure that the initial flood of waymarks for the category will be quite large.

Thanks alot for all the responses!

Jeremy, do I need to contact you directly to see when this will be created as a category?

Thanks!

--KingJR