Setting Up A Game

doublekay

Hello all. Great site with lots of info, I am very excited to be a part of this now.

I have looked for my answers, but have nothing concrete to go on. Our group is about 15-20 guys who deer hunt together every year, and have all finally came into the future with GPS's. It appears that the exporist's have it with this group. Of course only I have the 400 (had GPS for years, and love mapping stuff)... We have an area about 10 miles, we use ATV's, as well as good old hiking, and want to put together a game using the GPS's. Of course everyone has their 2 cents on how this game should be done, but in the end we need something that tests our skills, is fun, and able to be scored. Poker run sounds good, but I have not been able to really find the "rules" or "set up" for any of the games I have found. I guess I have therory, but thats it. I have the ideas, but need to put them together.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

To sum up: We have lots of terain and interesting places to see, ATV's, Exporists, VHF radios, 5 of the 20 people are "old" Eagle Scouts (not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was)....... Looking for a day game, but could be 2 days. Maybe a combo, get to a point on ATV, find a Coord and hike it from there?

Bragging rights is the key here, as well as learning about spots we have been around for years that some of the others have no clue where they are.

Thanks folks.. I look forward to everyones input. Kevin