Going Paperless On A Mac

Chiro75

I know there are some online tutorials and some threads here, but I have a few questions. I want to go paperless. Here is my stuff:

- iBook running OSX 10.3.9

- Garmin Etrex yellow (have PC cord and will be buying Keyspan serial/usb adapter soon)

- Old Handspring Visor (B&W screen, has 2MB built in memory, but also 8MB flash module)

I currently just download .loc files from Geocaching.com and manually enter coords in my Etrex. When I get that adapter my understanding is that I can use Mac SimpleGPS, which I have, to upload .loc files to the Etrex without having to convert the file to something different, etc. So, that sounds like a solved problem.

As for the Visor, it sounds like I would need CacheMate ($8) and also the premium version of Geocaching.com to be able to download the .GPX files to get the most out of the paperless idea, correct?

Questions:

1) TO get the most out of paperless (i.e. as much info as possible from the cache sheets), do I have to have the information as a .GPX file?

2) Is there a way to get .GPX files without being a paid member of the site (for the amount of caching I do I just don't know if it's worth it or not)?

Thanks!

…Questions:

1) TO get the most out of paperless (i.e. as much info as possible from the cache sheets), do I have to have the information as a .GPX file?

2) Is there a way to get .GPX files without being a paid member of the site (for the amount of caching I do I just don't know if it's worth it or not)?

Thanks!

1) yes 2) no.

happy hunting - the old fashioned way (trads only, exceptions may appear)