Mapping Software On Magellan?

SalemSeekers

Probably the cheapest software you'll find which will work with the Meridian Color is MapSend Topo USA. The software came out some years ago, and I'm not sure it's still being produced. Thus, with some luck, you could probably find a copy for $40 or so (wild guess).

Current software for the Color such as Topo 3D and DirectRoute generally run in the $90 range.

You cannot load anything but Magellan mapping software into the GPS.

Jamie

NMEA? Oh.. why didn't you say that?

I read your post to mean you wanted mapping software to load into the GPS. For that, you must have Magellan software.

To use your GPS with a laptop running mapping software, lots of programs will work with the Meridian. Someone else will have to chime in here though, as I have virtually no experience with that.

Jamie

Ive been using streets and trips since it was automap back in the mid 90s. 2006 is the best one out yet, especially if your going to use it with a laptop. If you look further down in this forum you'll find a thread on it and also another site that will give you just about all the info you want on it.